Contact detailsPhone: 703.785.0775
Branch Office: Englewood, CO
Dual Registered Financial Professional
The formal (boring) version goes something about like this…
Brian envisioned becoming a pioneer in the financial services industry upon earning his Bachelor’s degree in Finance from the University of Central Florida in 2002. His dreams were large, his goals lofty. After graduating however, Brian embarked on a much different, yet noble journey – earning a commission as an officer in the United States Air Force. Government Contracting (yawn) was what the AF prescribed Brian as a profession. Taken seriously, Brian earned his Master’s degree in Procurement & Acquisitions Management (2005) as well as multiple levels of certifications and accolades along the way. After separating in 2007, he continued his career as a civilian until one day in 2013, he was determined to realign his passion with his career. He wanted to help people make some of the most important decisions of their lives, the financial ones. Brian took, and passed, all of his licensing exams and began seeking the right investment firm that would allow him to provide the types of services and advice that he found would be most advantageous to his future clients. He found Parsonex and the rest is history.
The real (me) version…
Family first. I married a beautiful woman who is an amazing wife and wonderful new mother. We had our first born (Henry) in January 2016. We couldn’t be more thrilled to have this little guy and had no idea we could love something so much! Lately we haven’t had much time to do some of the things we enjoy (Henry is quite demanding of our time), however we do enjoy traveling, hiking, staying (or striving to be) in shape, attending Minor and Major League Baseball games, wine, good food and great company. We look forward to resuming these activities in the near future, only this time we will be sharing them with our new pride and joy (sans the wine tasting).
The second most important part of my life is taking care of the first. Going to college, joining the military, continuing my education, etc. – all played, and continue to play, a major role with this. I decided a couple of years ago I’d much rather be doing something that I enjoy versus something I have to do. So I studied, earned my licenses, and eventually found a great company that gives me the independence and flexibility to provide my clients with the absolute best financial planning experience possible.
Lastly, I take great pride in knowing that I am not your typical financial professional. I understand that everyone is different, thus I treat each client as if they are my only client. I provide simple solutions using terms and visual aids that anyone can understand. My promise to you is that you will have complete trust in the decisions we make together because you will understand them completely and thoroughly – or we won’t move forward. Simply put, I’m not comfortable – nor willing to move forward – until you are. If I don’t have an immediate answer to any question you may have, I will search and find the answers you seek and deliver a solution to ensure we find a path to help you reach your financial goals.
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you find something here that will invoke a bit of curiosity. If so, let’s chat!
WHAT MAKES ME DIFFERENT
Simply put, I practice what I preach. Ask another financial professional if their investments and strategies for their personal wealth are comparable to the strategies they have proposed, or even implemented, for you. If he or she can’t give you a straight answer, or even show you, then you should run the other way. Here, there are no hidden agendas or proprietary products. I provide objective and independent advice and I vow to always practice what I preach. If it is not good enough for me, it is not good enough for you. My personal strategy will align with yours, all other variables being equal. Different objectives, time horizons and risk tolerances will vary, but I strive to put myself in your shoes and will provide guidance based on your specific
WHAT I PROVIDE
I provide an independent, open and truthful look at your complete financial picture. I’ll tell you exactly what I see in words you can understand. We will then follow it up with a simplistic (in comprehension, not make-up) plan that you can and (with my behavioral coaching) will follow to ensure you have the absolute best chance at success. (BTW, behavioral coaching is the same thing as guidance. We’ll talk more on this later). I can’t guarantee results (regulations, regulations and more regulations), but I can guarantee a common destiny.
- Retirement Planning: 401ks, Rollovers, Traditional/Roth IRAs, Variable Annuities. Would you like to retire on time, with enough savings to make it last? Do you have a long-term strategy to ensure you can live out your retirement years with dignity?
- Education Planning – 529 Savings Plans, UGMA/UTMA (Uniform Gifts/Transfers to Minors) Do you have a child (or more) you’d like to send to college and are unsure if you’ll be able to afford it? Do you know how will you pay for your child(ren)’s education?
- Insurance Planning: Life Insurance, Long-Term-Care. How would the mortgage, your child(ren’s) education, the car payment, food, utilities, and funeral expenses all be paid should something tragic and unforeseen happen to you?
- Estate Planning: Living Trusts (which include provisions for Last Will and Testament, Living Will & Pour-Over Wills) Do you want minimize your tax burden and prevent the courts from tying up your assets upon your death? Have you thought about who would handle your medical decisions should you become incapacitated?
- Debt & Savings: Have some debt and not sure of the best way to free yourself? How much should you save and how much should you have for an emergency fund?
If you answered yes or aren’t sure about these questions, let’s chat.
5 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME
- I’ve been to the ER, as a patient, 6 times, but I don’t consider myself accident prone.
- When refueling the vehicles, the dollar figure must be $XX.00.
- My favorite holiday is Veteran’s Day.
- I do NOT follow the hourly/daily good fortunes and tribulations of the stock market (I’m a long-term guy).
- I unfortunately sing a copious amount of songs at completely random times (the wife is thankfully understanding of this).